Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Trip to Ulleung-do!

Sara and I got a four day weekend last week and we took advantage of it by hopping on a ferry and sailing to Ulleung-do, a tiny island three and a half hours off the east coast of South Korea.  Ulleung-do is a shockingly beautiful place with the clearest water I've ever seen.  We rented a car and we drove all over the tiny island, though a full lap only took about an hour.  Sara and I are doing great, enjoying our third year at our job and enjoying all the things that Korea has to offer.  Here are some pictures of our trip.
Pretty much the entire island had us going "Woooowwwwww, beautiful."


Look at how high up we are!  We took a cable car and then hiked up a ton of stairs.  High places, pretty views, and tons of stairs, that was the trip.  Worth it though.


The mountain water or the sea water is supposed to have healing properties, I can't remember which.  Here, we swam in a place where the ice cold mountain water was running into the sea, so I think I'm covered.


I'm so happy to be on the ferry.  It smelled like someone'd opened a gas can on board and dumped it all over the place, but it got us there.

Ulleung-do was awesome.  We hiked, we swam, I sweated through my shirt a dozen times.  A great vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you. Tell us what you think.