Saturday, September 14, 2013

Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken

This week I made one of my favorite meals so far on my quest for repeatable meals.
HONEY SESAME CHICKEN


It was quick and pretty inexpensive, plus we both loved it.  I served it with chopped peanuts and some sweet and spicy cucumbers.  (Although I left out the spicy because I forgot to buy chili flakes, so I guess they were just sweet...)


These were good too, but I think they got a little watery and they totally needed the spice.  Can't blame the recipe, next time I will make sure I buy chili flakes!

If you want to make the chicken, you can get the recipe on my blog here.  It is definitely worth a try and if you don't have a crock pot, you could make it on the stove top too.  Just boil your chicken and shred it, and make the sauce in a sauce pan.  Easy and delish!

Anybody have any great recipes to share?  So far, we usually rotate between a few standard meals:
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches (slow cooker)
Enchiladas (veggie and beef)
Lasagna (veggie and beef)
Raviolis
Baked Chicken Tenders
Pasta with Salmon
BBQ Ribs (slow cooker)
Pizza/flatbread
and now this Honey Sesame Chicken (slow cooker)

We are in need of inspiration and variety though.  I would love to have 20 really good meals to rotate so we don't get bored.  Any suggestions??

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you. Tell us what you think.