Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tucson Beauty

Living in Tucson has it's challenges: the heat, lack of water, brown landscape, rattlesnakes, and crazy drivers.  It also has it's beauty and shining moments: flowering succulents, wildlife, a variety of extremely good food, stunning sunsets, and abundant shopping.  I have learned to embrace the good and forget about the bad.  After living in Hawaii, it's hard to think anywhere is quite as nice, but Tucson could definitely be worse.
 
 
I took these photos one day last Spring and really couldn't believe how beautiful the cactus were.  My favorite are the prickly pear.  They have an array of colorful flowers and the fruit can be juiced and used in things like lemonade, margaritas, and popsicles.  Last year I did a little tutorial on how to juice them by hand if you are feeling ambitious.  I know what you're thinking, "Is it worth it?"  Totally.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you. Tell us what you think.